Click each thumbnail to enlarge then ...
Click the scan again to enlarge even further!
Refresh this page if it has trouble loading.
Casein & Celluloid buttons:
- NBS large plaid casein button
- Three-hole red and grey celluloid tight top button
- Extra large Asian woman head with lots of hair, painted celluloid button
- 3-D black and white casein laminated block with club card suit symbol button
- NBS large casein button of art deco leaves
Extra-large Plastic Buttons:
- Op Art design on painted casein
- Transferred Rose on black plastic
Group of Fun Plastic Buttons:
- Feathers in Nylon ? with Design In Plastic details
- Large size Bakelite whistle-hole shapes
Some Pretty Unusual Plastic Buttons:
- Extra-large pierced casein Flowers, possibly by Scemama
- Extra-large pierced casein Leaves, possibly by Scemama
- Extra extra-large pierced casein Beetle
Paper Inside Plastic Cylinder Buttons:
- great couture shape
Brooks Buttons - Scan A
- hand painted casein buttons by Alan & Edith Brooks from England.
Polyester Glows Plastic Buttons - Scan A
Funky French Plastic Buttons - Scan B
Funky French Plastic Buttons - Scan B2
Funky French Plastic Buttons - Scan B3
Funky French & Other Plastic Buttons - Scan CD
Tray of Rhodoid "Lea Stein" Buttons
Rhodoid Buttons - Scan DD
Rhodoid Buttons - Scan D2
Cellulose acetate laminated into multiple layers and then cut
to reveal the colors. Made to look like and compete with formica,
c.1950's - 70's. **Same plastic and designs as in Lea Stein jewelry.**
National Button Society Section 9-A Synthetic Polymers Handbook - p.15.
Cards of Assorted Plastic Buttons
Acrylic & Other Plastic Buttons - Scan 3A
Plastic Acrylic & Lucite buttons - Scan 4
Plastic Imitation Tortoise buttons - Scan 4A
Plastic Acrylic & Lucite buttons - Scan 4B
Plastics & Junque Buttons - Scan 6
Vintage Plastic Buttons - Scan 9
ARTID Buttons from England!
Artid Plastic Buttons - Scan 7
Artid Plastic Buttons - Scan 7A
ARTID buttons are made from melamine-like plastic,
imitating carved ivory. c. 1947 - 1970's. Similar to BBB-p.68#9.
Backmark: "ARTID, Made in England".
Priced next to each button in dollars.
Ruler at bottom of scan for measuring.
Ask about what is still available.
Click these links to see other plastic button catagories:
Celluloid & Ivoroid
BACK to button categories