Click each thumbnail to enlarge then ...
Click the scan again to enlarge even further!
Refresh this page if it has trouble loading.
Buttons of Natural Materials:
- Shibyama Rose, inlaid pearl & shell OME
- Asian women sitting in scenes, scrimshaw & inked, set in white metal
- Small realistic Gods of Fortune set, carved & painted
- Realistic Seven Gods of Fortune set, carved & tinted
Group of Buttons made from Natural Materials:
- Monkey in an oval, carved bone
- Alaskan Billiken, carved & inked tusk
- Realistic shoe soles, carved antler
Carved Old Head Buttons:
- Japanese Gods of Fortune
Old Bone and other Material Buttons:
- Seated Musician NBS Favor button 2008, wood with bone center
- A Turtle Shell shape Ekipa Tribal Button from Namibia probably and most likely made from Hippopotamus bone.
Click here to see more about the Ekipa tribe
Alaskan & other carved Old Ivory & Bone buttons
- mostly eskimo--walruses, seals, bears, people etc...
Alaskan Ivory & Bone buttons - Scan 1
Bone & Ivory buttons - Scan 2
BACK to button categories